Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Fit Friday: Tomato Basil Chicken

Happy Fit Friday luvs.
As I promised I’ve totally been working towards becoming a healthier me.  I’ve set a few goals for myself (I’ll share soon) and have been working out at least 4 times per week...I’m already seeing resultsJ.
The other day I revisited a recipe from Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom the other day and added my own little twist too it. It turned out delicious and was super healthy so I had to share it with you all.

Ingredients: (4 servings)
  • 2 chicken breasts 
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes 
  • 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
  • ¼ cup white wine
  • 3 Zucchini
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil

Step-by-step:

Season chicken breasts as you wish. 
Add a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to your skillet.  This may seem like quite a bit, but it will form the base for the sauce.
While waiting for the oil to heat up, go ahead and Shred your ZucchiniWhen the oil is HOT, add the chicken breasts. 
After about 4-5 minutes, the chicken breasts should be ready to turn. 
After the second side has been cooking for about 4 minutes, go ahead and add in the fresh tomatoes that you have chopped up and fresh basil.
Next, add in the white wine andminced garlic.
Give it all a good stir.  
When your chicken is "done," turn the sauce down on the lowest setting to keep it all warm.
While your chicken sits on low, Sautee your zucchini shred in the coconut oil.
Once your zucchini is done turn your chicken off. 
Place some zucchini on a plate and top it off with chick mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment