Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Celebrating Dads (Part 2)


Continuing our celebration of father’s I’d like to honor some of the special men that influenced my life and helped show me what being father was all about. I love each of these men and grateful to have encountered them in this lifetime.

My Beloved Grandfather...I could go on and on for days about the impact my grandfather had on my life he was only the most loyal, honest, hardworking man I have yet to encounter. This man loved me beyond words and was always a great source of encouragement. He believed and supported me in me at times when I didn’t believe in myself. My grandfather set the standard for what a man should be with his 82 years of knowledge and wisdom and I’m beyond blessed to have had a wonderful relationship with him.
My Dad... Although, my relationship with my biological father was strained for reasons outside of my control my dad never gave up on us. He’d always make sure to attend every major milestone in my life. Often times he’s surprise me by randomly showing up to my events because he had seen it in the newspaper or ran into a family member of mine and asked about me. At a time where our relationship was at its best I remember him picking me up and taking me on long drives where we shoot the breeze about life for hours.  My dad was one of the most loving and affectionate guys I ever met and I wish I’d known how to receive all that he was offering while he was still alive.


My Pops... If you follow me on Facebook then you already know my Pops because he lets the world know that I’m his baby girl. Although, this is actually my brother’s dad I never missed a beat when it came to having a dad because, he made sure to treat me as his own. He never picked my older brother up and left me home. He’s the first person to teach me that someone doesn’t have to be your blood to love them unconditionally. I can’t remember a dad without my Pops in my life and the bond we share is unbreakable. Even in the times when others were feeling the dad role (like my dad and stepdad) he still held my hand as I traveled through life...he’s always motivated me to be my very best and ensured I knew just how proud of me he was. I’m forever grateful for him for stepping up to the plate and never letting go.
My Stepdad... This man came into my life when I was a young girl who already thought I knew so much about life but he found a way to teach me so much more. He showed me what it meant to work hard and provided for your family. He loves me unconditionally to this day and taught me what it means to protect your children. He’s a true gentleman who opened his heart to someone else daughter and never closed it.
My Brothers...Growing up with 4 older brothers I learned so much about life, love, and relationships. My brothers were my biggest source of comfort and protection growing up. Even though, we are all grown up now, loving and caring for our own children I’m still honored to be their little sister.


The Hubs...I shared my love for him yesterday so I won’t go all deep again today but, know I love this man to the moon and back for the positive influence he’s had on the women I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment