Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Baby Hair

So I’ve been wanting to do a baby hair post since before I even started this blog. Mostly because every darn article or book I read barely even touch the topic of caring for your babies’ hair. No one openly discuss cradle cap, methods for not having a child with a permanent smiley face in the back of their head, or even share their tips for washing and styling kids hair.  It’s one of those “every mom for themselves” type of things, which baffles the heck out of me. Especially, when I see a little girl with her hair did up all pretty or little curls popping.  

As a mom to a beautiful little tiny tot I can openly admit that I had no clue how to maintain my lovebug hair.  Yes! I keep my hair up to par but baby hair is different and, I was lost. I had I no clue about caring for her hair, and once “Cradle Cap” set in I reached out to every mom I knew for help. 

Before I move on let's discuss this Cradle Cap mess. According to the dictionary Cradle Cap is... 

a skin condition sometimes seen in babies caused by excessive production of sebum, characterized by areas of yellowish or brownish scales on the top of the head.

For more details on Cradle cap you can viist http://www.babycenter.com/0_cradle-cap_80.bc

My friends we’re totally amazing at giving me tips to battle this beast however, the best solution for handling Baby O’s came in the form of an old school remedy...A&D Ointment. Yup! A little A&D on your baby scalp each night goes along way when trying to get rid of that mess. I found it to be a life saver in curing her cradle cap. Once my aunt shared this little secret with me it was gone in a matter of weeks if not days.



Any who! I’ll be sharing more on Baby O’s hair journey this week so please be sure to subscribe so you don’t mess out. For those of you with little divas of your own, if you’d like to share their hair journey feel free to email me @ sdavids6@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment